Liquid Flow Meter SLI
For Life Science and Automation
Designed for integration in demanding flow control systems, the SLI liquid flow meter series is a high precision solution for low flow rates of liquids based on water or hydrocarbons (alcohols, solvents, oil, fuel, adhesives). Sensirion’s modular approach, which allows the liquid flow meter to be combined with several interface cables, ensures an optimal match and simplifies the integration of a liquid flow meter into a fluidic system.
The short response time and high precision of the SLI liquid flow meter allow accurate monitoring of highly dynamic processes such as fast dosing operations. As with all other Sensirion liquid flow meters, this reliable device works without any moving parts, measuring through the wall of a straight flow path. Ultimate media compatibility of all wetted parts is ensured by the exclusive use of highly inert materials (glass, PEEK and flouropolymer sealing). The robust IP65 protected housing in a compact form makes the SLI flow meter the first choice for the measurement of low flow rates from single-digit microliters to several milliliters per minute in demanding applications in the life sciences and industrial automation.
The SLI liquid flow meter in combination with one of the SCC1 sensor cables offers a modular solution with a suitable electrical interface for almost any environment:
- The SCC1-USB sensor cable provides a plug-and-play connection to a PC for operation with Sensirion’s viewer software or user-built programs for laboratory and desktop applications.
- The SCC1-RS485 sensor cable featuring a stable RS485 interface and including advanced functionality such as dispense volume totalizer, automatic dispense detection, and data buffer for asynchronous read-out is designed for demanding industrial automation environments.
- The SCC1-Analog sensor cable allows simple and quick readings or integration into generic controller systems without programming. In addition to a 0-10 V analog voltage output, the cable provides a configurable digital (high/low) output that can be programmed to act as a flow switch or pulse output.
- Three sensor versions cover different flow ranges from microliters per minute to milliliters per minute
- Maximum flow rate for water-based liquids: 10 ml/min
- Maximum flow rate for hydrocarbons: 80 ml/min
- Repeatability: below 1% of the measured value
- Highest sensitivity down to <1 µl/min
- Fast response time down to 40 ms
- RS485, USB or 0-10 V analog voltage output
- Inert wetted materials: glass, PEEK, and fluoropolymer
- Maximum recommended operating pressure: up to 50 bar depending on flow range
- IP65 water and dust protection
- General process monitoring
- Pump control
- Fuel flow monitoring
- Lubricants dosage monitoring
- Monitoring of spray coating
- Conformal coating
- Leakage detection