Customized (OEM) Liquid Flow Meters
Customizations to Fit Special Requirements
Sometimes innovative ideas ask for new solutions and the team of experts at Sensirion is always keen on finding ways to make interesting applications happen through our technology. Customizations are made to fit special requirements, such as flow rates, limited space constraints, resistance to aggressive chemicals, or pressure resistance. Even disposable sensor designs for high-volume applications are possible.
Our cutting-edge sensor technology and unique expertise in liquid flow sensing has led to many successful customer projects. Customized sensors are being used in a variety of applications, such as medical devices, diagnostic equipment or process control. The essential goal is to understand the requirements of our customers and to implement the key benefits of our technology skillfully to their advantage:
Low Flow Rates
Years of experience and expertise combined with the high sensitivity of our sensors enables flow measurement at extremely low ranges, from nanoliters to milliliters per minute.
The MEMS sensor integrated on a CMOS chip permits ultra-fast response times - as fast as 20 ms – due to its small thermal mass.
Flexibility and Cost Efficiency
With our advanced technology, we have the flexibility to address the customer requirements in a way that ensures a customized sensor solution that is both high-performance and cost-efficient.
Our Core Competences
- Design and mass production of MEMS liquid flow meters
- No moving parts along the flow path
- Media isolated sensing principle – no direct contact of the sensor chip with the fluid
- Calibration in high volumes
- Excellent technical support and application know-how
- Flow rates from single-digit nl/min up to several hundred ml/min (bidirectional)
- Resolution: down to 0.1 nanoliters per minute
- Maximum operating pressure up to 1200 bar
- High speed: down to 20 ms response time or better
- Temperature range: -40°C up to 120°C
- Customer-specific calibration media on request
- Interface: I2C, RS485, analog, or customized interface
- Power supply: 2.6 V - 24 V
- Fail safety: self-test functionality
- Low power consumption for battery-powered operation
- Inert wetted materials of your choice: glass, high-performance stainless steel, or plastics
- Optionally protection category IP54, IP65, or IP67
- Highly integrated liquid flow sensor modules for e.g. disposable, high-volume applications
- Compact form factors including downmount solutions