Quality & Sustainability
Sensirion endeavors to ensure that its products and services meet the most stringent quality standards - after all, reliable delivery and defect free products are a basic requirement for high customer satisfaction. This is especially true of demanding markets such as the medical technology and automotive industries.
In order to achieve this high goal, the products are subjected to accelerated aging tests during the development phase in order to ensure quality and longevity. With a final product qualification, the products are put to the acid test again based on current standards before being released for mass production. With this strategy Sensirion makes sure that no end device malfunctions due to a broken Sensirion sensor.
In order to keep pace with increasing expectations, we continually improve and refine our quality management system. A key commitment in this direction is our ISO9001 and IATF 16949 certification. We keep this on track for all sites of our world wide manufacturing network. Sensirions expertize for metering quantities is underlined by the ISO17025 accreditation of Sensirion site Staefa as Metering laboratory for temperature measurements. Gaining this high level and comprehensive certification level for our quality management system demonstrates our dedication to achieving the highest possible customer satisfaction and supporting our customers in creating value.
- We are committed to achieve full customer satisfaction and strive for constant improvement of the quality of our products and services.
- Establishment and maintenance of efficient processes and tools to pursue a zero-tolerance-for-defects policy.
- The quality of products and services is systematically and periodically monitored, assessed, reviewed and constantly improved.
- Customer satisfaction is monitored, assessed, reviewed and improved constantly.
- Low turnover rate of employees is achieved by individual responsibility, directed education and professional trainings, complemented by a sustainable human resources planning.
- An intense and open communication is fostered among all employees of Sensirion to establish a motivating and stimulating working environment. The dialog is cooperative, honest and fair.
- Careful evaluation and systematic review of the key suppliers ensure a solid basis for all Sensirion products.
Sensirion has adopted RBA's Code of Conduct (before EICC) and is thus committed to continual improvements in labor law, occupational safety, environmental protection and ethics (Corporate Social Responsibility Statement 2020). Sensirion regularly audits its suppliers to ensure that they also comply with the RBA code.
Our employees are a key part of our company's success, which is why we constantly strive to offer them the best possible conditions for personal and professional development.
Occupational safety and health protection are vital for employee motivation and product quality. We take all necessary technical, organizational and individual measures to reduce risks in our workplaces to a minimum, and all our employees are trained in occupational safety and emergency procedures.
Our products contribute to more energy-efficient - and therefore more environmentally friendly - processes and applications in many fields.
Our own estimates show that our sensors, which have been delivered to date and in use, will enable us to save around 1.5 million tons of oil in 2019, which corresponds to the output of a larger oil rig. Thus, an emission of 5.5 million tonnes of CO2 can be avoided. This value is significantly higher than the CO2 emissions of our production sites and its energy suppliers.
In addition, we aim to use resources sustainably and sparingly when developing and producing our products and thus avoid negative impacts on nature and the environment. Our production site in Stäfa (Switzerland) is certified under environmental standard ISO 14001. Hazardous substances in our products are reduced to a minimum. All products also meet the legal stipulations of RoHS and REACH, and Sensirion is happy to comply with even stricter criteria at clients' request.
We maintain the highest standards of business integrity. Corruption, whether active or passive, is not tolerated. We respect our employees' intellectual property and insist that our intellectual property also be respected. To this end, we encourage employees to report faults and abuses so that they can be rectified. We also meet the stipulations of the Conflict Mineral Act.