Differential Pressure Sensors for Gases
The differential pressure sensors from Sensirion measure reliably, fast and long-term stable. The fully calibrated and temperature compensated sensors offer highest accuracy and resolution, especially at very low differential pressures. The small and cost-effective design makes them an ideal match for demanding but price-sensitive solutions, e.g. in medical and HVAC applications.
Sensirion's digital and analog differential pressure sensors are mostly used to measure mass air flow in a bypass configuration. In many high-volume applications, it is the low-cost alternative to complete flow sensors.
The outstanding performance of Sensirion's differential pressure sensors is based on the CMOSens® dynamic measuring principle, in which the differential pressure is determined using intrinsic flow measurement. Due to internal intelligence on the CMOSens® sensor chip, the systems are precise and flexible for customized OEM adaptations.
Get an Overview of Sensirion's Differential Pressure Sensors
|Applications||Interface||Pressure range||Measure-ment speed||Power supply nominal||Calibrated gases||Key Features||Datasheets|
|Medical, Home Care Devices, |
Portable Devices, Lifestyle,
Drones, Wind Speed Meters
digital (I²C) / analog
±500 / ±125 Pa
|Smallest size, reflow solderable, Comes in Tape and Reel|
HVAC, Gas Boilers, Pellet Stoves, VAV, Filter Monitoring, Fuel Cells, Medical
|digital (I²C) / analog|
±500 / ±125 Pa
|Proven form factor, robust and accurate|
|SDP62x/ SDP63x||Gas Boilers, Pellet Stoves, |
|Fault / error control||Please contact Sensirion|
|Unidirectional, high pressure range up to 3500 Pa||Datasheet SDP2000|
Sensirion offers differential pressure sensors with two different types of temperature compensations: One optimized for differential pressure measurements, the other for flow measurements in a bypass setup. For more information, please consult the application note “Mass Flow Temperature Compensation & Sensor Selection Guide”.
- Intensive care ventilation, respiratory devices
- High-speed measurements
- Robust and shock-resistant
- Calibrated and temperature compensated
- Air intake filters, clean air filters
- Sensitive, accurate and reliable filter monitoring
- Ask Sensirion for smart filter monitoring solutions
- Heating systems, condensing boilers, pellet stoves, fuel cells
- Precise mass air flow control
- Accurate readings irrespective of altitude and air temperature
- Fault/error control versions available
VAV and Heat Recovery
- Measuring air flow and total energy content for heating and energy optimization
- No drift (no zero point recalibration needed)
- Durable and robust
We know what it takes to be competitive in the medical sector, since only the best products survive in the long term. Sensirion stands for innovative products, customer-specific solutions and optimal Support.
Climate parameter measurements form the basis for a pleasant room climate with minimum energy consumption. Temperature, humidity, air flow and pressure differences are not the only relevant parameters.
With our experience in industrial automation, we can support you with optimal solutions for your devices, machines and processes. Find more information about our expertise in the industrial sector and other aspects.
Sensirion delivers integrated sensor solutions for the automotive sector. High volume at low cost with outstanding quality and support are a matter of course for us.
Our goal is to make the world smarter, more comfortable and environmentally sound through our products. For us, smart energy means sensor products that make it easier to monitor energy consumption in real time. With that knowledge, we can not only use resources more efficiently, but also improve the operating lives of the measuring devices.
Evaluation kits for SDP3x and SDP800 Series
The evaluation kits, which are available for SDP3x and SDP800 Series, enable easy and cost-efficient evaluation of Sensirion’s digital differential pressure sensors.
The kits consist of a USB stick with an adapter cable and a differential pressure sensor:
The viewer software can be downloaded online, is easy to install on a PC, and provides easy data-logging. Data can be exported to an Excel format.
Technology of Sensirion Differential Pressure Sensors
Sensirion’s differential pressure sensors in a bypass configuration are the ideal, cost-effective choice for measuring air flow with high accuracy, robustness and stability. In a bypass configuration, the differential pressure sensor is placed over a pressure drop element / orifice. An air flow in the main pass will create a differential pressure over the pressure drop element, which is proportional to the air flow.
The outstanding performance of Sensirion's differential pressure sensors is based on Sensirion’s patented CMOSens® Technology, which combines the sensor element, signal processing and digital calibration on a small CMOS chip. The differential pressure is measured by a thermal sensor element using flow-through technology. The well-proven CMOSens® Technology is perfectly suited for high-quality mass production and is the ideal choice for demanding and cost-sensitive OEM applications. Benefits of Sensirion’s CMOSens® Technology:
- High reliability and long-term stability
- Best signal-to-noise Ratio
- Industry-proven technology with a track record of more than 15 years
- Designed for mass production
- High process capability
Thanks to the thermal flow-through operating principle, Sensirion’s CMOSens® differential pressure sensors outperform traditional piezo-resistive membrane sensors in terms of sensitivity at low differential pressures, offset drift and hysteresis as well as position sensitivity, shock resistance and variations in temperature.
Learn more about the innovative CMOSens® Technology and the advantages it brings regarding the measurement of mass flow.
What We Offer
1. Expert first contact
- Specialized and experienced sales force
- Worldwide presence with a global distribution network
2. Fast and easy product evaluation
- Comprehensive product portfolio
- Easy-to-use evaluation kits for effortless measurement during sensor evaluation
- Technical documents - data sheets, sample code, application notes
3. Design-in support
- Assistance in the integration of Sensirion's sensors into your application
- Proven best practices to ensure that your production concept accommodates the requirements of Sensirion's sensors
4. Lifetime support
- Reliable and flexible production
- Sustainable product Innovation Roadmap to meet your future needs