Connected Solution for Drug Delivery Devices
Sensirion offers the complete solution for smart inhalers, ranging from the flow sensing clip-on device itself to visualization of key parameters on mobile patient apps and remote monitoring dashboards. The device, equipped with a flow sensor, measures the flow profile of each inhalation. Asthma and COPD patients can monitor their own compliance, and health care providers can remotely access the patient data and inhalation biomarkers stored securely in the cloud. The data provides additional information on inhalation behavior, reinforcing the clinically-proven benefits of digital therapeutics.
Digital therapeutics have demonstrated improved patient-outcomes in clinical studies. Health care providers receive efficient support reducing their daily workload and payers save on health care costs. Sensirion closely works with health care providers, payers and employers for seamless integration into existing health plans or digital intervention programs.
Smart Inhaler Clip-On Device
- Simply attaches to a list of commercial asthma sprays
- Re-usable, battery operated - up to 12 months lifetime
- Sends data from clip-on to mobile app and cloud - restricted access via API
- Integral end-to-end solution or stand-alone clip-on - modular design to fit all health ecosystem requirements
Mobile Patient App
- Unobstructed passive tracking of patient's progress (medication, inhalation profile, adherence, etc.)
- Patient education and self-management tool
- Communication platform for patient support
- Remote monitoring of asthma and COPD patients
- Patient notification and coaching tool intervention possibilities for not well controlled patients
Specialist Article: Flow Measurement in Smart Inhalers for Connected Drug Delivery
Measurements such as the point in time when the drug is dispensed provide information on the deposition of the medication in the lungs. In addition, spirometer-like parameters related to the course of disease, allow valuable insights and the smart inhaler becomes a powerful tool in asthma and COPD disease management.
With the flow sensor SDP3x, Sensirion enables solutions ranging from the simple triggering of inhalation flows to the precise characterization of flow profiles. This enables feedback from the user on the improvement of inhalation and diagnosis that supports the health care professional. Sensirion has the sensor solution tailored to the requirements of your specific application. Use Sensirion's technology to successfully explore new applications in e-health and enable the medical inhaler device of tomorrow.
Read the complete specialist article.