Mass Flow Meters SFM3003 and SFM3013
Versatile digital flow sensor for high-volume applications
The SFM3003 mass flow meter is Sensirion’s next-generation flow meter. Technically it is based on the SFM3019 meter that was brought onto the market during the Covid-19 pandemic to provide high volumes of flow meters for inspiratory flow measurements in medical ventilators. Compared to the SFM3019, the SFM3003 comes with a wider flow range as well as improved specifications.
The flow of air, oxygen and mixtures thereof at rates between -30 and 300 slm is measured with excellent accuracy, reliability and long-term stability, and no recalibration is needed. The SFM3003 outputs an easily integrable digital I2C interface. The signal is internally linearized and temperature compensated. Furthermore, the SFM3003 flow meter has a very low pressure drop, ultra-fast response time and optimal signal-to-noise ratio.
Several additional product versions exist for more options:
- An extended flow range between -150 and 300 slm can be chosen with the SFM3003-300-CE
- The SFM3013-300-CL offers an additional robustness to overpressure (up to 1 bar gauge pressure)
- The SFM3013-300-CLM is also calibrated for heliox gas
As part of the SFM3xxx platform, the SFM3003 is a versatile sensor solution for many different high-volume applications in which cost efficiency is the priority. The outstanding performance of the SFM3003 sensor is based on Sensirion’s patented CMOSens® Technology, which combines the sensor element, signal processing and digital calibration on a tiny microchip. The gas is measured by a thermal sensor element to provide an extended dynamic range and enhanced long-term stability compared to other flow-measuring technologies. Thanks to this proven CMOSens® Technology, the flow meter is perfectly suited for high-quality mass production and is the ideal choice for demanding and cost-sensitive OEM applications.
Test and evaluate the SFM30x3 mass flow meters with the SEK evaluation kit.
First samples of the new SFM30x3 mass flow meters will be available in Q1 2021. It will be available in Q2 2021 worldwide via distribution.
- Flow range: up to 300 slm
- Calibrated for O2, air and mixtures of air/O2 – version for heliox gas available
- Digital I2C interface
- Low pressure drop across the sensor
- High accuracy, reliability and long-term stability
- Ultra-fast response time
- Best signal-to-noise ratio
- Fully calibrated and temperature compensated; no recalibration neededIndustry-proven technology with a track record of more than 15 years
- Medical ventilation: inspiratory flow measurements
- Anesthesia, inhalers and other medical instruments
- Process automation
- Burner control
- Fuel cell control
- Environment monitoring
- Laboratory/analytical instruments