Liquid Flow Concentration Sensor SLF3C-1300F
More than flow: Thermal conductivity feature
The SLF3C-1300F takes the industry proven flow sensing system of Sensirion to the next level: With the thermal conductivity feature it is now possible to take a closer look on the liquid inside your application.
The thermal conductivity features allow you to measure the thermal conductivity of the liquid after the flow is stopped and with this, enabling new applications and features for your system:
- Concentration monitoring: Measuring the concentration of two-component mixtures like oil or glycol in water
- Fluid selection: Switching between different flow calibration profiles depending on which liquid is in the sensor (e.g. switching between IPA and water calibration)
- Precision check: Ensure fluid is the same as the calibrated fluid to ensure precise flow rate measurement
- Cleaning verification: Distinguish between “working solution” and “cleaning solution” to be sure that the cleaning cycle of your instrument is valid
- Safety check: Prevent damage of your instrument by controlling if the right bottle/liquid was attached to your System
In order to get your application started with the SLF3C-1300F, get in contact with the responsible product manager via liquisensirioncom
- Highly integrated: Linearized, temperature-compensated and fully calibrated digital output signal (I2C) from a single chip
- Thermal conductivity in arbitrary units (not temperature compensated) from air (100 a.u.) to water (10’000 a.u.) at zero-flow
- Flow calibrated for water and IPA up to ± 40 ml /min
- Turn down ratio 200:1 or better
- High speed measurement: Response time below 20 ms
- Bidirectional measurement and real time failure detection
- Easy fluidic and electrical integration via ¼″-28 flat bottom ports and a standard connector
- Straight, unobstructed flow channel without moving parts
- Media isolated sensing principle: no direct sensor contact with the fluid
- Compact and light-weight form factor
- Chemically resistant wetted materials
- Failure detection and volume confirmation for diagnostics, cell analysis, and analytical instruments
- Process control and monitoring for coating, additive, and reagent dispensing Systems
Software and Drivers
- Datasheet SLF3C-1300F
- Calibration Certification Liquid Flow Sensor SLF3x
- Quick Start Guide for Liquid Flow Meter Kits
- Operating Guidelines for SLF3x Evaluation Kits
- Application Note for Thermal Conductivity Feature
- Application Note Cleaning and Clean Handling
- Application Note Sensor Ports und Tubing Connections
- Application Note for Dispense Volume or Flow Rate Correction
- The SLF3x sensor relies on a thermal measurement principle. Therefore, it is sensitive to the thermodynamic properties of the fluid. For details see CMOSens® for Liquid Flow Meters.
- The thermal conductivity feature only works without any flow
- The SLF3x Liquid Flow Sensor is 100% factory calibrated, for H2O and IPA. However, it can also be used to measure fluids different from H2O and IPA in terms of thermodynamic properties by choosing the calibration most closely matching your fluid and following the instructions in the Application Note for Dispense Volume or Flow Rate Correction.
- Please see the sensor's datasheet for the specific pin-out of the sensor.
- There are additional operating guidelines and application notes available which will be send to you on request (e.g. on I2C, installation guidelines, ...).
- Follow the instructions in the Quick Start Guide for Liquid Flow Meter Kits to use the SLF3x sensor together with Sensirion’s Sensor Viewer Software. During start-up of the software, select „Liquid Flow Sensor (SF06 Chip)“ for the SLF3x. When choosing the COM Port Settings to start the Sensor Viewer Software select a COM port such that “USB Serial Port” appears next to your chosen COM port setting. It is a PC dependent setting and no general one.
- The maximum flow range of the sensor is specified such to achieve a laminar flow at the position of the micro thermal chip. Use tubing and fluidic connection material with at least the same inner diameter as the one of the flow channel. Sensirion recommends min. 2 mm ID tubing for the SLF3S-1300F and min.
- Start testing the sensor horizontally mounted. This is the orientation it has been calibrated in. Use the SLF3x mounting clamp for fixation of the sensor.
- The sensor is susceptible to ESD damages, especially when touching the connector pins. During handling and testing, suitable ESD precautions must be taken.
- After ending your measurements, make sure to always store the sensor's flow channel clean and dry in order to maintain a high level of performance. This avoids the growth of a biofilm or other deposits which will impact the sensor's reading the next time. To do so, always drain the fluid, flush with a suitable cleaning agent and blow out with air or allow to air dry.
- For details please see the Application Notes Cleaning and Clean Handling and Biofilm.