Liquid Flow Meter LS32-1500
Chemical-Resistant Flow Meter
Sensirion offers the compact and chemical-resistant liquid flow meter LS32-1500 for integration into instruments and other closed systems with low flow rates of up to 40 ml/min.
With a compact form factor of just 18x18x59 mm3, the LS32-1500 liquid flow meter is mechanically extremely robust. Its fast response time of 20 ms, excellent repeatability and outstanding chemical resistance make the sensor ideal for use in biomedical applications. The sensor is highly versatile and can be used in fuel cells, for example, as well as a wide range of applications in dosage control and industrial automation monitoring.
The use of high-performance stainless steel, PTFE, and PEEK ensures outstanding media-compatibility and exceptional chemical resistance. Customized solutions (e.g. downmount version for manifold systems) based on the design of the LS32-1500 are also feasible.
The LS32-1500 liquid flow meter offers a cost-efficient, compact, and reliable sensor solution for the measurement of low flow rates and is an excellent addition to the range of high quality products from Sensirion.
The LS32-1500 liquid flow meter has its largest benefit when integrated into an instrument or a closed system. For standalone applications, laboratory setups or bench-top testing, please have a look at our SLS-1500 liquid flow meter, which offers a robust interface for plug-and-play operations.
- Maximum flow rates for water-based liquids: 40 ml/min
- Fast response time of 20 ms
- No moving parts along the flow path
- Completely calibrated, linearized, and temperature-compensated digital output signal
- Compact size
- Inert wetted materials: 904L high-performance stainless steel, PTFE, und PEEK
- Digital I2C interface
- Analytical instruments
- Biomedical devices
- Fuel cell systems
- Industrial automation
Software and Drivers
- Datasheet LS32-1500
- Datasheet SCC1- Analog Sensor Cable
- Datasheet SCC1- RS485 Sensor Cable
- Application Note Chemical Resistance
- Application Note Cleaning and Clean Handling
- Application Note Sensor Ports and Tubing Connections
- Application Note for Dispense Volume or Flow Rate Correction
(if you are working with different media)
- The LS32-1500 sensors rely on a thermal measurement principle. Therefore, it is sensitive to the thermodynamic properties of the fluid. For details see CMOSens® for Liquid Flow Meters.
- The LS32-1500 Liquid Flow Sensors are 100% factory calibrated, for H2O However, it can also be used to measure fluids different from H2O in terms of thermodynamic properties by following the instructions in the Application Note for Dispense Volume or Flow Rate Correction.
- Please see the LS32-1500 datasheet for the specific pin-out of the sensor.
- There are additional operating guidelines and application notes on request (e.g. on I2C, installation guidelines, ...).
- The maximum flow range of the sensor is specified such to achieve a laminar flow at the position of the micro thermal chip. Use tubing and fluidic connection material with at least the same inner diameter as the one of the flow channel.
- Start testing the sensor horizontally mounted. This is the orientation it has been calibrated in.
- The sensor is susceptible to ESD damages, especially when touching the connector pins. During handling and testing, suitable ESD precautions must be taken.
- After ending your measurements, make sure to always store the sensor's flow channel clean and dry in order to maintain a high level of performance. This avoids the growth of a biofilm or other deposits which will impact the sensor's reading the next time. To do so, always drain the fluid, flush with a suitable cleaning agent and blow out with air or allow to air dry.
- For details please see the Application Note Cleaning and Clean Handling.
Liquid Flow Meter Kits
For quick and easy measurements with the SLS-1500 liquid flow meters, the respective flow meter kit can be ordered from our distribution partners. The flow meter kit provides everything you need for plug-and-play setup and is the first choice for initial evaluation of our technology in your application.