Differential Pressure Sensor SDPC3
Tiny size, huge track record
Sensirion has done it again, and broken through the size barrier in flow sensor technology once more. In a concept study, the sensor manufacturer has shown how small a flow sensor can become without reducing performance. Sensirion has developed the SDPC3 for this purpose. The SDPC3 measures just 3 mm x 3.5 mm x 2.1 mm, and has ultra-low power consumption. This enables countless new possibilities for integration and application, and makes it particularly suitable for small, portable and battery-powered devices.
The SDPC3 differential pressure sensor is suitable for mass flow measurement in a bypass configuration. It is reflow solderable, available on tape and reel and therefore suitable for pick and place. It is fully calibrated, and its temperature compensation has a very fast response time. Like all Sensirion differential pressure sensors, the digital SDPC3 impresses with its outstanding accuracy and long-term stability; it is also free of zero drift. All this makes Sensirion's SDPC3 flow sensor the perfect choice for cost-sensitive applications with very high volumes.
Do you have an idea for a project with the world's smallest flow sensor? Contact us for a non-binding discussion. You will benefit from our more than ten years of experience with very large projects in medical technology and the automotive industry. Sensirion can ramp up production to quantities in the millions within a very short time, and offer you a solution tailored to your project.
- Smallest size (3mm x 3.5mm x 2.1mm), opening up new dimension of integration and applications possibilities (for portable devices)
- Ultra-low power consumption (for battery-powered devices)
- Measurement range ±500Pa (±2 in. H2O)
- Fully calibrated and temperature compensated, digital output (I2C)
- Excellent accuracy and repeatability, even below 1Pa
- No zero-point offset, no drift
- Fast sampling time of up to 2kHz at 16 bit Resolution
- Media compatibility: Air, N2, O2, non-condensing
- Voltage: -1.71V to 3.6V
- Reflow solderable, shipped in tape and reel for pick and place
- Smart averaging algorithm and other digital and features
- Medical home care applications
- Portable medical devices
- Smart Inhalers
- Lifestyle and consumer (IoT)
- Wind speed meters
Efficient Gas Flow Measurements in Bypass
Measuring gas flow in applications requiring high precision and cost-efficiency is a challenge. Experience in recent years has shown that microthermal flow sensors are superior to other technologies. Industries with exacting demands, such as automotive and medical technology, have recognized that microthermal gas flow sensors give their products decisive advantages. These manifest themselves in high long-term stability and precision even when flow rates are minimal, and the sensors’ suitability for cost-efficient and reliable mass production.