Calibrated and Certified Sensors for Drugs and Perishable Goods Transportation
Sensirion offers new calibrated and certified temperature and humidity& temperature sensors for cost-efficent GDP-compliant drugs, vaccines, and perishable goods supply chain monitoring.
Temperature Defines Product Lifetime and Usability in Cold and Frozen Chain Logistics
Highly regulated products, such as pharmaceutical or perishable goods, typically require special handling along their distribution chain to comply with several directives such as the Prescription Drug Marketing Act of 1987, 21 CFR Part 203, Prescription Drug Marketing, and Part 205, or Guidelines for State Licensing of Wholesale Prescription Drug Distributors. Manufacturers are obligated to cover distribution in their overall quality system and must continuously adapt to adhere to current Good Distribution Practices for the pharmaceutical or perishable goods supply chain (also see PDA Technical Report #52). The most regulated parameter for drugs and perishable goods is temperature, which determines not only the lifetime, but the usability of a product. This often requires a product lifetime temperature profile within a narrow band.
Calibration for Reliable Temperature Monitoring over the Product Lifetime
Reliable temperature monitoring in the complexity of a modern logistics network requires trustworthy dataloggers, which are increasingly accepted only with certification from accredited laboratories (ISO17025). Today, loggers are typically equipped with several electronic components and often still with analogue temperature sensors, which makes accredited calibration of the complete device necessary, a time consuming and expensive step, which could be avoided using next-generation temperature sensing strategies.
Sensor Solutions for Data Logging
Sensirion, the first ISO17025-accredited semiconductor company in the world, has introduced a new series of ISO17025 calibrated digital sensors for a great variety of applications where precise and reliable measurements are required: Based on the versatile STS3x and SHT3x platforms, the STS32, STS33, and SHT33 are a digital, I2C-based temperature and humidity and temperature sensors, respectively. Metrological traceability of the calibration is conforming to ch.6.5 of ISO/IEC 17025:2017, commonly referred to NIST traceability or traceability to other national metrology institutes, according to the CIPM Mutual Recognition Arrangement (CIPM MRA).
Have a look at Sensirion's achieved ISO17025 certification.
- 3-point-calibration of each sensor (featuring a unique, non-changeable serial number).
- Calibration Temperatures: T = -30°C, 5°C, and 70°C.
- GDP derived accuracy specs.
- Sensor-specific calibration certificate according to ISO 17025:2017 as pdf and machine-readable csv.
- true NIST-traceability
- Linearized digital output, I2C Interface with communication speeds up to 1 MHz and two user selectable addresses
- Wide supply voltage range, from 2.15 V to 5.5 V
- Accuracy of up to 0.4 °C
- Tiny 8-pin DFN package
- Replacement of expensive device level calibration.
- CMOSens® Technology enables high-volume applications due to unprecedented price-performance Ratio
- Proven quality thanks to many years of experience in mass production for the automotive and medical Industry
- Robust and shock-resistant design ensures no sensor drift during Transport
- Ultra-low power consumption enables longer battery life and cost savings
- Easy to integrate in portable devices due to small chip-sized package
- Fully calibrated digital output with I2C interface guarantees an easy hassle-free Integration
- Cost-effective SMD assembly