Together for a Smarter Future
The development of Sensirion's innovative sensor solutions is inspired and shaped by trends such as resource scarcity, demographic change and continuously growing technologies. Energy efficiency, healthcare, digitalization and automation are among Sensirion's growth drivers to contribute to a smarter world. Taking responsibility is of great importance to Sensirion.
The values "fair & honest", "together" and "top performance" play a decisive role and are lived daily in our relationships with our stakeholders. Our understanding of CSR is based on these values: integrating social and ecological aspects into all of our business activities in order to create greater added value for the environment. To achieve this, Sensirion is committed to five dimensions: Corporate Governance, Value Chain, Employees, Corporate Citizenship and Environment.
Sensirion recognizes its responsibility to its stakeholders, through transparent and responsible action. The corporate governance includes compliance with laws as well as the voluntary requirements. Good corporate management and control is a prerequisite for dealing with challenges. The foundation of our partnerships is fairness and honesty. This applies to all relationships: with customers, competitors, suppliers, partners and employees.
- Anti-corruption: Sensirion does not tolerate active or passive bribery. Employees are encouraged to report deficiencies and grievances in order to correct them.
- Fair competition: Highest standards of business Integrity are applied. Sensirion respects the intellectual property of its competitors and expects the same from them. A fair competitive climate is achieved by avoiding preferences, conflicts of interest or aggressive behaviour.
- Compliance: Sensirion strictly adheres to legal requirements.
- Transparency: The annual report and press releases inform investors and other stakeholders about relevant information.
- Conduct in line with values: Sensirion is aware of its sphere of influence and therefore excludes the defence industry from its business activities.
Compliance with social and environmental standards in the supply chain is an elementary factor for Sensirion. By acting responsibly together, we want to minimize risks and create long-term relationships with our business partners. The principles defined in our Supplier Management Program apply throughout the company. Sensirion thus relies on internal industry standards and supplements them with its own requirements for continuous improvement.
- Working conditions: fair working conditions are enforced within the Company and throughout the entire value chain. This is checked during the selection of suppliers and recorded in the codes of conduct.
- Human rights: Particularly in conflict regions, human rights violations are increasingly occurring. Sensirion cooperates exclusively with socially responsible suppliers. By supporting the Conflict Minerals Act and the Code of Conduct of the EICC, compliance is ensured.
- Customer satisfaction: Sensirion strives to meet the highest quality standards. With the increasing requirements, the quality management system is continuously improved and further developed. The certification is in accordance with ISO 16949 and ISO 9001 and is an expression of our efforts to optimally support our customers in their added value.
Caring for Employees
The employees make a relevant contribution to Sensirion's overall success. We want to offer them an optimal working environment - with an activity that fulfills their expectations. Working together as a team, promoting top performance and fair and honest cooperation form the basis of our innovative high-tech company, in which employees think outside the box and assume personal responsibility. Investing in the employees is an investment in our future.
- Health & safety: We promote the well-being of our employees through a variety of measures. Physical and mental health not only leads to greater job satisfaction, but also results in increased productivity.
- Education & training: Not only Sensirion, but also our employees, are constantly evolving. In order to support this, we always strive to offer each individual optimal conditions for personal and professional development.
- Family & Career: Sensirion makes it easier for families to reconcile work and family life. Parents who work part-time should also be able to carry out a demanding job or take on a management position.
- Cooperation: We attach great importance to open and constructive cooperation. We promote team spirit in the individual departments and areas.
Building a Community
Sensirion is involved in various areas of the Stäfa region in order to take responsibility beyond the company's borders and to participate directly in solving social problems. It is our aim to promote the spirit of community and thus make a contribution to our neighbourhood. Togetherness" is therefore the core element of our commitment.
- Sponsoring: Sensirion benefits in many ways from its location in Stäfa. As a thank you to the region, we make a contribution to give something back. Sensirion supports various clubs and events in and around Stäfa with a focus on team activities.
- Promotion of the regional economy: Sensirion relies on cooperation with suppliers from the Stäfa region for various circumstances.
- Corporate volunteering: Making a contribution is crucial to the company. Social projects are therefore a topic for internal company events.
Considering the Environment Within our Activities
Sensirion's mission is to help shape the future and make it smarter through our sensor solutions and systems in terms of health, safety and energy efficiency. As a member of the Responsible Business Alliance (RBA), Sensirion is committed to continuous improvement in labour law, occupational safety, the environment and ethics.
- Corporate processes: Sensirion has developed and manufactured its products with a view to using resources sustainably and sparingly and endeavoring to avoid negative effects on nature and the environment. Our production site in Stäfa (Switzerland) is certified according to the environmental standard ISO 14001. Pollutants in the products are reduced to a minimum. All products also comply with the legal requirements of RoHS and REACH. At the request of customers, Sensirion also meets stricter requirements. For example, Sensirion has been recognized by Sony as a Green Partner.
- Products: Today, our products are used in a wide variety of markets and applications around the world. With our sensors and sensor solutions we focus on a sustainable improvement of the quality of life, on increasing safety and health, as well as on the continuous improvement of energy efficiency.