Quality & Sustainability
Sensirion endeavors to ensure that its products and services meet the most stringent quality standards - after all, reliable delivery and flawless products are a basic requirement for high customer satisfaction. This is especially true of demanding markets such as medical technology and the automotive industry.
In order to achieve this high goal, the products are subjected to accelerated aging tests during the development phase in order to ensure quality and longevity. With a final product qualification, the products are put to the acid test again based on current standards before being released for mass production. With this strategy Sensirion makes sure that no end device has to be disposed due to a broken Sensirion sensor.
In order to keep pace with increasing expectations, we continually improve and refine our quality management system. A key step in this direction was our ISO/IATF 16949 certification in March 2008, which complemented and expanded on our ISO 9001 quality certification in October 2003.
Gaining ISO certification for our quality management system demonstrates our dedication to achieving the highest possible customer satisfaction and supporting our customers in creating value.
- We are committed to achieve full customer satisfaction and strive for constant improvement of the quality of our prod-ucts and services.
- Establishment and maintenance of efficient processes and tools to pursue the zero-tolerance-for-defects policy.
- The quality of products and services is systematically and periodically monitored, assessed, reviewed and constantly improved.
- Customer satisfaction is monitored, assessed, reviewed and improved constantly.
- Low turnover rate of employees is achieved by individual responsibility, directed education and professional trainings, complemented by a sustainable human resources planning.
- An intense and open communication is fostered among all employees of Sensirion to establish a motivating and stimu-lating working environment. The dialog is cooperative, honest and fair.
- Careful evaluation and systematic review of the key suppliers ensure a solid basis for all Sensirion products.
Sensirion is a member of the RBA (before EICC) and is thus committed to continual improvements in labor law, occupational safety, environmental protection and ethics (Corporate Social Responsibility Statement 2019). Sensirion regularly audits its suppliers to ensure that they also comply with the RBA code.
Our employees are a key part of our company's success, which is why we constantly strive to offer them the best possible conditions for personal and professional development.
Occupational safety and health protection are vital for employee motivation and product quality. We take all necessary technical, organizational and individual measures to reduce risks in our workplaces to a minimum, and all our employees are trained in occupational safety and emergency procedures.
Our products contribute to more energy-efficient - and therefore more environmentally friendly - processes and applications in many fields. For example, our sensor solutions allow for energy savings of up to 2% in cars and up to 10% in buildings.
Our own estimates show that our sensors, which have been delivered to date and in use, will enable us to save around 1.5 million tons of oil in 2019, which corresponds to the output of a larger oil rig. Thus, an emission of 5.5 million tonnes of CO2 can be avoided. This value is significantly higher than the CO2 emissions of our production sites and its energy suppliers.
In addition, we aim to use resources sustainably and sparingly when developing and producing our products and thus avoid negative impacts on nature and the environment. Our production site in Stäfa (Switzerland) is certified under environmental standard ISO 14001. Hazardous substances in our products are reduced to a minimum. All products also meet the legal stipulations of RoHS and REACH, and Sensirion is happy to comply with even stricter criteria at clients' request.
We maintain the highest standards of business integrity. Corruption, whether active or passive, is not tolerated. We respect our employees' intellectual property and insist that our intellectual property also be respected. To this end, we encourage employees to report faults and abuses so that they can be rectified. We also meet the stipulations of the Conflict Mineral Act.