Last update: August 8th, 2018
Sensirion AG designs products and tools that allow measuring and tracking of environmental data like temperature and humidity to provide users with insight about their environmental conditions.
The Device allows tracking of the environmental data temperature and humidity. These data are saved locally onto the Device. The Device has a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) module which — when switched on — allows other Bluetooth enabled devices in the vicinity to connect to the Device and show current measured values as well as download saved data.
The Sensirion App allows the user to connect a mobile phone or tablet to the Device and show current measured values as well as download saved data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect the following data:
- Operating system version of the mobile device on which the App is installed
- Type of mobile device
- IP based approximate location
- Sensirion App version installed
- Crash reports of the App (if agreed to by the user for each crash report)
- Statistics on what content was viewed in the App and for how long
- Statistics on connection state of the Sensirion Device and data download time
- Hardware version and firmware version of the Sensirion Device
The information that we request will be retained by us and used to get more insight into how the App is used.
You may opt-out of providing us with any information in the settings section of the App by turning ‘Help Improve MyAmbience’ off.
In order to collect the above mentioned information, the App uses third party services provided by Google that may collect information used to identify you. We use those services to collect statistics on the App usage to improve the user experience and the provided value to the user. We do not use any of the information to personally identify users or the behavior of a single user.
- Firebase: firebase.google.com/policies/analytics/
- Fabric: fabric.io/privacy
- Crashlytics: http://try.crashlytics.com/terms/privacy-policy.pdf
We want to inform users of this App that these third parties have access to your personal information, in order to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
The following Google Analytics for Firebase feature has been implemented in the App:
- Google Analytics for Firebase
Crashlytics does not automatically collect any information that can be used to personally identify End Users, nor does the App enable any features that can collect any of End Users’ personally identifiable information.
You may opt-out of all used Google Analytics for Firebase features, Fabric features and Crashlytics in the settings section of the App by turning ‘Help Improve MyAmbience’ off.