Proximal Flow Sensor for Neonatal and Pediatric OEM Applications
The SFM3400 flow sensor is a proximal flow sensor for neonatal and pediatric applications in respiratory devices such as ventilation or anesthesia. The sensor is available as both a single-use version (SFM3400-D) and a reusable version (SFM3400-AW). The reusable solution is autoclavable and washable.
The SFM3400 flow sensor features outstanding measurement accuracy and a short signal processing time as well as high robustness. The digital flow sensor measures bidirectional flow rates of up to 33 slm and is fully calibrated for air, N2 and O2 gases. The special design of the flow channel results in a low dead space volume of less than 1 ml. The sensor features standard medical cones for pneumatic connection to the respiratory cycle and has a mechanical interface for a simple and user-friendly electrical connection. Thanks to its performance characteristics, the SFM3400 mass flow meters are ideally suited for proximal flow measurements in neonatal and pediatric OEM applications, ventilation in hospitals, emergency situations and home care applications.
Like all sensors of the successful SFM3xx platform, the SFM3400 is based on the innovative CMOSens® Technology, which combines the sensor element and processing electronics on a single, small CMOS microchip. The CMOSens® mass flow sensors offer robust and interference-free measurements and allow utilization of the very fast and precise sensor signal.
- For neonatal and pediatric applications
- Reusable (autoclavable / washable) and single-use versions
- Flow rates: ±33 slm (bidirectional)
- Fully calibrated, no recalibration
- Very fast update time (0.5 ms)
- Small dead space: < 1 ml
- Best-in-class accuracy
- Highest sensitivity
- Low dependency on different inlet conditions
- Medical cones for pneumatic connection to standard breathing circuits
- Mechanical interface for electrical reconnection
- OEM Applications
- Proximal flow measurement (neonatal and pediatric applications)
- Respiratory measurements
- Metabolic measurements
More information about applications in the medical market.