Nubo Air Monitoring System
Know your air quality and make meaningful decisions
Sensirion's Nubo Air monitoring system is an end-to-end solution for real-time monitoring of air pollution. Relying on Sensirion's market-leading environmental sensors Nubo Air offers excellent data quality. This is underlined by the MCERTS certification and various independent evaluations.
It has never been easier to measure reliable and trustworthy air quality data. Whether you want to measure air quality in your community or facility or plan a larger sensor network, with Nubo Air you do not have to compromise between quality and total cost of ownership.
Nubo Air is based on a convenient system with exchangeable cartridges to allow for easy maintenance and quality control. The system enables future and sustainable upgrades to the latest sensing technology. With the first available sensing cartridge you get access to the most reliable measurement of
- Fine dust PM1 & PM2.5
- Barometric pressure
Do you want to evaluate Nubo Air? Get in contact with us!
High precision and reliability
- MCERTS certified Swiss sensor technology directly from the sensor experts
- Best factory calibration and design for performance
- Based on 20 years of experience in challenging automotive and medical applications
- Quality management according to ISO 9001 and IATF 16949
Easy deployment and integration
- Easy, fast and secure mounting on poles or walls
- Worldwide connectivity and cloud connection included
- Solar-option for true autarky available
- Easy data access via cloud and API
- Integration via API
Low total cost of ownership
- Low maintenance costs due to reliable components and proprietary contamination resistance
- Cloud-based QA/QC (quality assurance and control) saves time and effort
- Cartridge system allows for cost-effective and easy maintenance
- Upgradeable system to address future sensing needs
- Automated sensor replacement deliveries
Future proof and sustainable investment
- Rely on proven technology: Millions of sensors are in use in cars, medical devices, smart homes and high-tech manufacturing
- Increase device lifetime and avoid waste with replaceable sensing elements
- Upgrade sensor technology with future cartridges
- Over-the-air (OTA) updates keep nodes updated and secure
Nubo Air is a complete end-to-end solution, directly from Sensiron the leading sensor manufacturer in a variety of industries. With its worldwide LTE coverage and the precise factory calibration, the system is truly plug and play. Mount your Nubo Monitor One nodes, connect them to power or the optional solar-panel and start measuring. Data can conveniently be accessed and download via Nubo Cloud or integrated into your system via API. Nubo Air’s NMO-CE1 sensing cartridge gives you access to the most reliable sensor-based PM2.5 measurements: On top it provides for highly accurate climate data such as temperature, humidity and absolute pressure.
Nubo Monitor One
Sensing Cartridge NMO-CE1
With Nubo Air you don’t have to worry about sensor degradation or undetected sensor failures. Based on Sensirion’s extensive know-how and experience in environmental sensing, Nubo Cloud constantly monitors the health of the attached sensors and alerts you in case of any issue. It helps you to ensure continuous quality control and reliable calibration. Any issue detected, want to refresh calibration or want to upgrade to future sensing technology? Simply swap cartridges and continue measuring.
Air pollution is one of the key challenges for humanity and one of largest risks to public health. The World Health Organization (WHO) recognized air pollution as the single biggest environmental health risk, calling it the “new tobacco”.
4.2 million yearly deaths due to air pollution
- Air pollution has severe impact on the public health of the world’s population.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO) ambient air pollution accounts for an estimated 4.2 million deaths per year due to stroke, heart disease, lung cancer and chronic respiratory diseases.
- In 2016, 91% of the world population was living in places where the WHO air quality guidelines levels were not met.
- 97% of cities in low- and middle- income countries with more than 100,000 inhabitants do not meet WHO air quality guidelines. Even in high-income countries that percentage is 49%.
15% of EU's GDP growth attributed to improved air quality
- Air pollution not only directly effects public health but implies indirectly significant costs for economies.
- The OECD studied the impact of improving air quality has on economies. It found that between 2000 and 2015 the decline in particulate matter concentrations of about 20% could explain 15% of overall GDP growth in the European Union.
- According to the World Bank, at a global level the cost associated with health damage from ambient air pollution is estimated to be $5.7 trillion, equivalent to 4.8% of global GDP
- Researchers from Stanford estimate the impact on US economy to be roughly 5% of GPD, or nearly 800 billion US dollar in 2014.
8% increased COVID-19 mortality per extra 1ug/m3 PM2.5
- The worldwide COVID-19 pandemic highlighted the many paths air quality impacts public health and thus public wellbeing and economy
- A first study (preprint) by the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health found that an increase of only 1μg/m3 in PM2.5 is associated with a 8% increase in the COVID-19 death rate.
- Another study by Italian authors suggests a link between chronic air pollution and coronavirus spread.
4.4 billion, population without access to air quality data
- Even though the impact of air pollution is dramatic, data on air quality is still sparse in many places of the world.
- The non-profit outfit OpenAQ estimates that more than half of the population cannot access timely and transparently the air quality data of their region
- While the coverage with regulatory grade monitors increased worldwide from 8000 in 2014 to 15000 in 2020, even in rich countries many municipalities lack access to reliable air quality monitoring
- For example, while the US Census Bureau counted 39’044 local governments in 2007, the US EPA maintains a system of approximately 4000 monitoring stations.
But where does air pollution come from? Sources for air pollution can be manifold. Depending on the region and local policies, main sources can be traffic, industry, agriculture or even large scale or household energy production. With Sensirion’s Nubo Air local air quality can be measured and help to understand the sources and most effective measures. Or show to your community that your operation is not the reason for poor air. With Nubo Air you can obtain this reliable data at a fraction of the costs for traditional systems.
- Use trustful data to make meaningful policy decisions
- Monitor impact of policies and measures
- Engage with your citizens
- Educate and raise awareness
- Understand impact of wildfire smoke on communities
- Get reliable real-time data from the situation on the Ground
- Protect workers from wildfire smoke
- Automatic information and alerting of employees
- Reduce dust related respiratory diseases of animals
- Increase yield with controlled air and irrigation
- Save energy with optimal venting in barns
- Keep the workplace safe and healthy
- Process monitoring and optimized action planning
- Prove the efficiency of the implemented measures
- Simple detection of sources of fine dust
- Warning of trends before emission problems occur
Real-time air quality monitoring in Basel, Switzerland
Contact Us Now
Planning an air monitoring project? Do you have questions about Nubo Air?
Please fill the contact form and we get back to you as soon as possible.