Customized OEM Liquid Flow Meters
Sometimes innovative ideas ask for new solutions and the team of experts at Sensirion is always keen on finding ways to make interesting applications happen through our technology. Customizations are made to fit special requirements, such as resistance to aggressive chemicals, limited space constraints or dedicated low-price and even disposable sensor designs for high-volume applications.
Our cutting-edge sensor technology and a wealth of experience in liquid flow sensing lead to many successful customer projects. Customized sensors are used in a variety of applications, such as medical devices, diagnostic equipment or process control. The essential goal is to understand the requirements of our customers and to skillfully implement the key benefits of our technology to their advantage:
- Low Flow Rates:
Years of experience and expertise combined with the high sensitivity of our sensors enables flow measurement in extremely low ranges, from nanoliters to milliliters per minute.
- High Speed:
The MEMS sensor integrated on a CMOS chip permits ultra-fast response times below 50 ms due to its small thermal mass.
- Flexibility and Cost-Efficiency:
With our advanced technology, Sensirion has the flexibility to address the customer’s requirements in a way that ensures a customized sensor solution which is both high-performance and cost-efficient.
- Flow rates from nl/min up to 120 ml/min
- Media isolated sensing principle - no direct sensor contact with the fluid
- High speed: 50 ms response time and better
- Bio-compatible and high chemical resistance
- Small size micro and nano flow sensors
- Ultra high sensitivity (< 0.5 nano liter/min)
Our core competences include:
- Design and mass production of MEMS flow sensors
- Packaging & calibration in high volumes
- Excellent technical support
- Examples Liquids: H2O, Methanol, Blood, EtOH, ACN...
- Dead volume free (straight capillary only)
- Absolute pressure: 0 ... 1000 bar
- Response time: ms-range
- Resolution: down to 0.1 nano liter/min
- Liquid flow range: +/- nl ... 120 ml/min (bi-directional)
- Temperature range: -40 ...120 °C
- Interface: I2C, RS-232, RS-485, analog
- Power supply: 2.6V ... 24V
- Fail safety: self-test functionality, auto compensation
- Power consumption: < 100 micro Joule per measurement feasible!
- Wetted materials upon your choice glass, ceramics, stainless steel, ...
- Optionally protection category IP54, IP65, IP67
- Disposable components based on highly integrated sensor chips